LMT, BCTMB, ATC, LAT, CSCS, MTI
For four decades, Benny Vaughn has set a standard in the United States for massage therapy in sports. Massage Magazine named him one of the most influential massage therapists in the last 100 years for his contributions in both education and clinical applications of soft-tissue therapy and bodywork.
Benny has participated in Four Olympic Games with the USA track and field team, including 1996 where he served as a Manager for Athlete Medical Services and the Medical Liaison at Olympic Stadium. Other Olympic Games where Benny has been on the USA track and field sports medicine staff as a Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Athletic Trainer are: 2004 Athens Greece, 2008 Beijing China, and 2012 London England.
In October 2014, Benny opened the Benny Vaughn Athletic Therapy Center facility located in the Clearfork development in Fort Worth, Texas USA. This new space enables Benny to provide the same quality and level of hands-on care afforded US Olympians and Olympic hopefuls at the Olympic Training Centers.
Benny Vaughn's educational philosophy is, "Education and learning nourish your soul and expand your potential." He has been a strong proponent of quality massage therapy education for decades and brings more than forty years of clinical, hands-on experience to his teaching. He believes that experience is the key to a good education. Benny Vaughn is an engaging teacher who stimulates curiosity and makes learning exciting.
Expert in all advanced soft-tissue therapy techniques:
- NeuroMuscluar Therapy (NMT)
- Myofascial Release
- Sports Massage
- Orthopedic Massage
- Gua Sha
Benny Vaughn earned a degree in Health Education from the University of Florida where in 1969 he was a full scholarship standout in track and field for the Gators. In 2010, Benny was inducted into the University of Florida, College of Health and Human Performance, Alumni Hall of Fame - an award given by the University to those alumni who have had an impact, through their profession, on the well-being of people.
Benny Vaughn has taught massage therapy in sports workshops throughout the United States and abroad including, Barcelona, Moscow, Tokyo, Sydney, and Dublin. He has received numerous Merit awards from the major Massage Therapy associations for his efforts on improving the standards of massage therapy education, national certification, and better public understanding of the many benefits of massage therapy in Wellness and Performance enhancement.
- Licensed Massage Therapist, 1975 - present
- Certified Athletic Trainer, 1985 - present
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 1985 - present
- Board Certified in Massage Therapy, 1983 - present
(previously titled, Nationally Certified in Massage Therapy)
- NCBTMB Approved CE Provider, 2016 - present
- 2016 – Massage Therapist of the Year. Florida Chiropractic Association
- 2012 – ONE Concept Life Time Achievement Award. ONE Concept
- 2012 – Dr. C. Harmon Brown Award, USA Track and Field, in recognition of dedication and contributions to sports science in the sport of Track and Field
- 2000 – University of Florida, College of Health and Human Performance, Alumni Hall of Fame in recognition of professional contributions to the promotion and well-being of others through Health Education, Athletic Training and Massage Therapy
- 1999 – Education Video Production Award. National Athletic Trainers Association
- 1998 – Distinguished Service Award. Georgia Chapter, American Massage Therapy Association
- 1996 – International Achievement Award. Presented by the Executive Board, FSMTA
- 1991 – National Achievement Award. Presented by the Executive Board, FSMTA for inspirational leadership in the field of massage therapy
- 1989 – National Meritorious Award. Presented by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) for outstanding contributions to the massage therapy profession in the United States. Presented in Toronto, Canada
- 1989 – State Meritorious Award in recognition and appreciation of dedicated and distinguished service to the American Massage Therapy Association, Florida Chapter
- 1988 – Commitment to Excellence Award. Presented by the Board of Directors, Florida State Massage Therapy Association (FSMTA)